To perform the job of Machine Shop Manager satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials, 3) machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Three years related experience to Machine Shop Manager (journeymen certification preferred)
- High school diploma or GED required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF Machine Shop Manager (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Ensure that all manufactured components are produced efficiently, and are consistent with company established goals for quality and customer order on-time performance.
- Manage company assets to support completion of pre-set production schedules cost effectively.
- Monitor and report shop labor efficiencies.
- Coordinate, recommend, and manage improvements to reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and sustain those improvements.
- Ensure quality standards and processes are used throughout manufacturing. Work constantly with Quality Assurance on continuous improvements and provide preventative and correction actions when problems occur.
- Responsible for all MRO, tooling, and manufacturing supply procurement.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership, development, and training as required.
- Manage all equipment preventative maintenance activities and requirements to required intervals.
- Ensure safety guidelines are being met to assure a safe work environment.
- Coordinate periodic safety meetings to improve safety awareness.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and provide input regarding required department measurements.