Controls Engineer needs to be able to build an electrical BOM and complete a full drawing package. The Control Engineer will also need to be able to write PLC and HMI logic from scratch. It is preferred they have experience in motion control, CNC controls and/or robotics. Good communication skills are vital since the Controls Engineer works closely with the Applications and Mechanical engineers and customers. They work with the Applications and Mechanical Engineers to develop and design fool proof equipment that meets the customers’ requirements. Controls Engineer will also travel as needed for project installs and service calls with the customers.
- Allen Bradley (RsLogix 5, 500, 5000)5+years
- Siemens 1-3 Years
- FANUC 1-3 Years
- CAD (or equivalent electrical package) 1-3 years
- Cognex and other vision systems 1-3 years
- Additional PLC (GE, Mitsubishi, Omron, Automation Direct)
- Additional HMI (Proface, EZ Automation, WonderWare)
- Other Robotic Experience (KUKA, Motoman, ABB, etc.) a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of Controls Engineer (include the following; however, other duties may apply.)
- Analyze plant processes, design and implement improvements.
- Maintain machine shop electrical requirements/demands
- Assist in field wiring
- Troubleshooting issues with hardware and processes.
- Plan preventative maintenance.
- Work with others to detect problems and implement solutions.
- Maintain quality and safety standards are upheld.
- Assist in training electricians
- Coordinate and communicate with others, have engineering and mathematical skills, you can be a right candidate for this job.
- They have to supervise a team of engineering, coordinate with clients, provide suggestions, and manage projects.
- Perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Effectively communicate with clients and fellow employees both verbally and written in the English language. Must be able to write in a professional/business manner.
- Ability to perform basic and complex geometric mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to complex situations.